Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Some Side-notes

We like to play Words with Friends.  It makes us feel connected and makes us think.  It's something we can do at bedtime as part of our little routine with reading the scriptures in spanish and playing a game of Free Cell together.  Anyway, we have a game of Words going with my brother and his wife, Rod and Jeanene and can do a little chat on the side.  The other day Rod wrote that we must be getting settled into life here because we aren't as consistent in writing and keeping in touch.  Yes, that made us think....yes, we probably are and we are being kept very busy.  We come home at night tired from long days.  It's nice to have a weekend to rest up a bit.



Recently, they have been recovering the Angel Moroni on the temple with gold leaf.  It has been quite a process to watch.  They started out by erecting a scaffolding around the entire statue.  Then they painstakingly began the cleaning and recoating a little at a time.

They have been working in pairs, with lots of ropes and planks.  When it rains, as it does almost every afternoon or evening, they hurry down to steer clear of winds or slippery situations as well as lightning.

Now that they are about finished, they have surrounded the entire Angel and scaffolding with a heavy plastic.  We had a hard wind the other day which blew the plastic all to pieces, but they have now replaced it with a heavier duty tent.


The pictures are a little small, but if you double click on them they should show up larger.











2 comments:

  1. You get to play words with friends!? Lucky. I always look forward to school breaks so I can catch up on my words and friends. If you need more games find me: KDLouWho (I promise I won't cheat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to play words with friends!? Lucky. I always look forward to school breaks so I can catch up on my words and friends. If you need more games find me: KDLouWho (I promise I won't cheat)

    ReplyDelete